Career Pathway Programs
Why apply for Career Pathway Program?
Career pathways programs offer occupation-specific training in high-growth industries such as health care, advanced manufacturing, or information technology. Such programs combine academic and technical education with supportive services; many also incorporate work experience and bridge programs. Career pathways are designed to allow individuals to participate in sequenced training courses of increasingly advanced skills and credentials with multiple entry and exit points, allowing participants to enter the labor force with marketable skills and credentials and return to education later, with credits allowing them to move towards a degree.
Many programs will:
- offer industry-recognized certificates
- provide paid training and apprenticeships
- offer academic credits associated with an accredited college
- ongoing career guidance and support post-program
- additional support, such transportation, living stipends, & tools
How to get started
- Talk with your UtmostU coach about your hopes, goals, and concerns.
- Complete Pathway U – our online career naviator (https://utmostu.pathwayu.com/)
- Read through the program description below. There are more details on the career pathway on the “Apply” link.
- Watch for follow-up communication. Every day.
- Talk with your UtmostU coach about the process or questions.
Preferred Pathway Program
UtmostU has reviewed the quality of each of the following programs, and can strongly them for UtmostU fellows.
Reach out to Valerie Charles, Manager of Career Services, for specific guidance