- Senior Manager / Manager of Advancement (Posted 8.22.22)
- Social Media Intern (Posted 8.22.22)
Position Announcement: Senior Manager / Manager of Advancement
UtmostU, a post-secondary success program operated by the Network for Young Adult Success, is seeking a Senior Manager / Manager of Development.
As a rapidly scaling organization impacting hundreds of young adults on post-secondary paths and a dozen plus not-profit organizations, we are searching for a dynamic person to guide our development efforts to fuel our continued growth. If you are tenacious about networking; have a great marketing sense; enjoy working with a small, dynamic team; can project manage; and are collaborative and entrepreneurial, then this might be an exciting position for you. While fundraising is a core competency, we are excited to work with natural connectors with strong analytical and sales skills to join our tight team.
As the Senior Manager / Manager of Development, you will identify funding sources, set deadlines, write proposals/grants, and manage overall external relations related to donors, grantors, and friends-of-UtmostU. You will also assure brand continuity in our communications. In coordination with UtmostU’s board and senior leadership, you will have a strong hand in our development strategy. This position has a mix of collaborative and independent elements. As part of a small team, you will have a strong voice in our direction. Depending on your experiences there is the opportunity to supervise UtmostU teammates.
Here’s the big picture of your role:
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies that supports our roughly $1,500,000 budget
- Research best-fit funding opportunities and then execute engagement plans to secure those funds
- Be a constant advocate of the UtmostU brand, mission, and model
Along with senior leadership, guide the UtmostU board
- Provide guidance on our external funding relations
Here’s what we seek in a Senior Manager / Manager of Development:
- A tenacious, eager, outgoing, cheerleading personality
- An understanding of the fundraising arena that includes work with individual and institutional donors as well as boards
- Ability to analyze and effectively manage data and incorporate into stewardship reports
- Commitment to equity and making the world a better place
- Flexibility and willingness to jump in where needed. A great teammate.
- Demonstrated project management
- Fantastic writing skills
- A self-starter who has the collaborative skills to thrive in a dynamic team environment
More details on UtmostU and this position:
UtmostU was founded in 2019 as a network to support schools and community-based organizations that are committed to the long-term success of their high school graduates through a post-secondary path, whether through college or another educational pathway. Through technology, holistic supports, external partnerships, and constant engagement, the UtmostU network works to propel young adults from low-income backgrounds toward their career goals. www.utmostu.org
This is a full-time position, with a benefits package, commensurate with career experience. We currently work in a hybrid office situation with co-working space in downtown Chicago, convenient to mass transit. We are dedicated to creating a great work environment and do our best to support teammates professionally and personally. Our benefits include flexible work times, an educational reimbursement program, professional development, team outings, home office support, and a PTO program.
If this also sounds exciting, please submit a letter of interest that describes why and how this position fits your goals and a résumé (no longer than 2 pages) that addresses your experiences. Letters and resumes can be submitted to email@example.com.
Social Media Intern (Paid)
Are you creative with an interest in producing eye-catching visuals? Can you manage multiple media channels? Do you have strong writing and editing skills? Can you manage your time and work independently? Do you want to work for a mission driven organization that helps low-income young adults reach their goals? UtmostU is seeking a unique intern who wants to use design and writing skills to support our communication efforts across multiple channels. This may include developing content for our website, social media, and other promotional materials.
What we seek:
• Ability to create content for UtmostU’s social media platforms (including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok) for 18-24 year olds
• Graphic design skills needed to develop materials (we use principally Canva)
• Comfort with MS Office suite of tools
• Strong writing skills and eye for detail
• Ability to work toward deadlines independently in a hybrid or remote office setting
This is an hourly internship offering 10-15 hours/week at $17-$20/hour based on experience. The length of the internship will be determined in discussion with potential candidates. This position is remote with the possibility of in-person in downtown Chicago. The internship is designed for current college students or recent graduates. Please submit a resume, your most recent unofficial college transcript, and brief letter or email describing how this position fits your goals. These can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.